PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. expat looking work in India
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 14:11
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel that an accusatory political response to someone simply trying to obtain employment information is not warranted on this forum. There is a time and place for political views. At the same time I am not saying that you are not entitled to your views.

To the A320 Capt looking. I can tell you by being on this forum, that anyone who has PIC time(500) in type on the aircraft the airline is flying has a great chance of getting a contract. You can either contact the airline directly, and in many cases they will either process you or ask you to go through an agency. Parc, Directpersonnel, Rishworth are a few names. Contracts are 6-12 months and are renewable. They include accomdodations, and transport to/from the airport. Expect to make between $8500-9000 USD/month without overtime. Overtime will add a 1,000/1500 a month. Schedules are unlike those here, and you can forget about 15-20 days off/month. Plan on working around 5 days/week. CRM is lacking still, training is limited. F/O's can be somewhat experienced but at times you are with a 250-1000 hr F/O. ATC can be challenging. MX seems to be acceptable. As a Capt in India you will be treated quite well, and find it a pleasant change coming from here!

Hope this helps. Wish you the best. BTW if you take your family, Expat schools are quite expensive, but the equivalent Indian schools are superb in terms of academics. PM me if I can be of any further assistance.