PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMed
Thread: BMed
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2006, 03:55
Hubbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Superboy....i think we know each other .......

I don't have anything against BMEDLHR and have followed your back and forwards banter with some interest. I do realise BMEDLHR wanted to get a point across, perhaps I was a bits testy with my reply, so I apologise. I see that post(BMEDLHR's) is now gone, but I did take the time to reply to some of the points that were raised.

That asides, thanks for the response to my genuine concern for what is going on at BMED. Though I may have left to do other things, I still hold BMED close to my heart. I had many a good experience there(thanks only to the excellents crews that were there during my time) and would hate to see anything untoward happen to BMED as a company.....

I still have many friends and colleagues working there and my concern is for them obviously, hence my questioning.

Cheers for your reply

Teaandcoffee, I did the first nightstop that BMED made in Khartoum...obviously it was unscheduled, but it was interesting. We stayed in the "best hotel" in Khartoum, it is on the banks of the Blue Nile...let's just say the decor is very 70's!! It will take a bit of getting used to, but I am sure you will have fun. You can leave the hotel and even do tours around the city...my advice..check out the hotel giftshop, you'll find some of the most unusual gifts available.i.e.crocodile head ashtrays etc.....

At least the ladies don't have to cover up like in Tehran.

A mate of mine from the Int. Red Cross lives in Freetown...he says there is not a lot to do......situation is still pretty tense, but you can go out okay, or at least with no hassle, there's a couple of okay restaurants in the City if you dare to eat...all pretty near the hotel.

I wish you luck with those destinations...strange places, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by Hubbly; 15th Oct 2006 at 04:03. Reason: correction and additions