PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMed
Thread: BMed
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 20:23
SuperBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Hubbly;2907843]Hi All,

My little sources in BMED tell me that all is not well, or at least that there is some major announcement to be made in December.

BMED have supposedly:-

Originally Posted by Hubbly
Delayed their upcoming a/c order
True

cancelled New entrant courses for the foreseeable future....one successful applicant recently received a letter stating that their application was placed on hold for six months.
Due to the fact the the a/c has been delayed

BMED may potentially lose it's franchise agreement........
BA definitely doesn't want the routes back otherwise they would've already taken them back, BA lost money on these routes and this is a cost affective way for BA to still provide the service to their customers without actually having to deal with it. Infact BMED is enhancing the BA product.

BMED want to go it alone......look at how they are becoming increasingly more independent of BA....
That would be extremely costly and due to BMEDs current economic state they wouldn't be able to afford it. So I guess we can deduce from that what will and what won't happen in the very near future.

now sourcing their own DF products and mentioning BA less and less in announcements....
They still offer the BA df products they have just added more of there own as there are alot of products in the Highlife mag not available onboard due to various operational reasons ie. stock only available on eu flights etc.

Perhaps, there is also the potential that BMED/GB are to join forces and form one big Franchise. Des Hetherington had only just signed a strategic agreement to pool the buying of a/c and to work much closer with Gb, so you never know.
The agreement as you correctly stated was signed, yet GB and BMED haven't as of yet as you stated "pool the buying of a/c"

Hubbly at the end of the day at the moment it is all rumours and I guess you'll just have to wait until December when the announcement is made.

BMED LHR is very dedicated to BMED and if anyone knows whats happening at BMED he would be the one to ask. He might not have conveyed his message in a manner suitable to you but atleast he took the time to reply.

I hope this information helps.