PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2006, 09:34
bogbeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Homeguard,

I don't understand how your club functions. You are not allowed to be employed or take a dividend or profit, so how do you live?

I would guess that you are self-employed and contracted to instruct at your club...is that how it works?

Your posts suggest that you are in business to promote flying and further the careers of other pilots at minimum cost to them, so presumably, you work for free?

Perhaps I'm quite confused, but your comments don't seem consistent to me.

Let's be straight.
Do you make a living out of your school?
Do you benefit from the unpaid work of some of your instructors?

If you do, then it would be hardly surprising for you to encourage people to enter the industry with the intent of working without pay.
I don't suppose that you'd like to advertise your schools' name on PPrune, would you? You may well be overwhelmed by new instructors clutching thin logbooks...eager to work for nothing. We know that they are out there.

I've tried to keep any acidity from the tone of this posting, but I'm finding it a struggle. I do consider your practises, as I understand them, to be extremely exploitative and unjustifiable.

Be straight with us and (hopefully) paint a more favourable picture of your organisation.

Bogbeagle
Sherburn Aero Club