PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Modular Course
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 21:20
scottiedogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add up another bit from my point of view.

Im currently doing the modular route to a fATPL, and really choose is over the intergrated route purely on the cost sides.

At the moment im doing a 6month full time groundschool course at one of the UKs well known schools.

Im heading back to the school where i did my PPL to do my MER, CPL and IR, and then back to this well known school for my MCC.

Having looked into these big 'guinea pig' airline pilot factories like oxford and cabair i cannot see the pros to do the full modular course with them - i could rant on about these for hours, but i wont, if you would like to know my insider views feel free to PM me though.

I to have had the talks on it doesnt matter, you come out with the same qualification, which is true. Doing training at a couple of schools i dont think is a problem, but for example it would be good if you could keep your own personal record of all your training.

The school im attending at the moment offers one of these full modular courses andhaving started the groundschool i have been put off doing it. I had heard many negatives before going, but now im there seeing and hearing what i do, i see no reason why a full modular course at one school is better than doing a mix and max to suit yourself.

At the end of the day, as people have said before me, look at every option and be careful where you put your money. Choose sensibly and hopefully it will reward you in the future. Just remember you get the same qualification in the end.

Scott