View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 10:01
gcolyer
Blah Blah Blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyhalsall
In a perfect world - yes
In the real world????

Why would I turn into the direction of an aircraft that is closing on me at about 200mph (see my earlier post).
Yes it was my responsibility to see him earlier and had I done that I would probably have made a right turn in good time to avoid the conflict but as he was 'hidden' in the sun and because he was on a collision course he stayed in a fixed relative position it was only when he blocked out the sun at about 30 metres did I see him and instinct would not allow me to turn towards him. Istead I initiated a steep dive and left bank away from him.

I was not critising you..so i am sorry if it seemed that way. Your description of events sounds like the other aircraft would have broad sided you. if this is the case his look out must have ben S*it as you would have have been right in front of him!

So i agree on your particular occasion a right hand turn would be stupid. I also agree as PIC you should take whatever action you feel is needed.

In cases such as yours don't you just feel like chasing the buggers to give them some wot 4!!