PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Modular Course
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 08:37
Gazeem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with this whole dicussion is threefold:

First, Pprune is an anonymous forum. People here are not always who they claim to be. I attended a Pprune pilot training seminar back in 2001 odd, I met lots of the Pprune characters. Some of the people who had been talking with authority on the website over the previous few months to that seminar tuurned out to be 14 year old schoolboys and people who hadn't even achieved a PPL yet.
So always take what you read with a pinch of salt.

Secondly, there are no accurate figures on how many modular, modular one school, or integrated students get jobs. I don't believe the CAA hold these figures. Bear in mind the larger schools process more students. Therefore, if every school had a 50% employment record the larger schools seem to place more people, although the chance of getting employment though any school would be exactly the same.
Anecodotal employment stories are more likely from the larger schools where courses of 12 or more are together for other a year and mix with many other courses. There is a ready built large network to spread any good news about.
Modular students often spend three to five weeks at a smaller school where there may be only a couple of people on their course.

Therefore if it seems that integrated schools place more people, they probably do; but not necessarily as a proportion; as there are more to be placed and more to spread the good news.

Thirdly, anyone involved in either moduar, modular one school or integrated training will always try to defend and talk up their own preferred route. They are spending a lot of money in the process and don't want to beleive anything other than their route gives them the very best chance.

My story, PPL at school near Witney and school in LA, BGS, CPL at EFT, IR at Aeros, MCC at OATS. On my original airline course which was at the very start of the current recruitment boom when there were hundreds of low hour pilots out there had 3 x Integrated, 3 x Modular (form different schools) and 2 x ex-RAF.
If I had the time and money to train Integrated I probably would have done so some where sunny , or perhaps I would have gone modular with a cash reserve for a TR in needed!

I want people to thoroughly research their routes to fATPL and choose what is right for them and to see through the hype.