PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 07:41
mustflywillfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps,

First of all I would like to thank you all for the replies to this thread. It is definately a contentious issue resulting in a huge amount of debate!
The reason I wish to instruct is not to make money as the Navy pay is not bad at all, I wish to instruct to see that wonderful look on peoples faces when they understand something for themselves after a little coaching and to see people develop.

Whilst the Navy pays well I hate my job flying a desk and need more to my life, flying always has been and always will be my passion. I think I am too old to get into the airlines or even TP operators (31) and have too many responsibilities to fork out for the whole modular route. If I can fly for free and get that buzz from instructing then I might just stay sane!

I shall pursue the VGS initially and if that doesn't work invest in a FI rating then go for a not for profit club although I would happily get paid too and donate the money to the full time guys! (flying for free is my payment). Unfortunately the Navy doesn't have any flying clubs!! Although I would dearly love to start one. That's an interesting question! How do you start a club without any capital but bags of enthusiasm??? A whole new thread there!

Cheers Chaps

MFWF