PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2006, 04:04
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free!!!!

To be fair to you. I will explain. My school is a registered non-profit making concern. I cannot be employed by the school nor receive a dividend nor take profits. The club exists because of my money. I don't enter into a debate with anyone as to whether or how much someon is paid X or Y. I set the prices to pay the bills and they are not subject to debate. Nor do I expect my Instructors to chip in to pay the electricity bill.
I believe differently than some of you. I want to see the return of the flying club as it was. If others want to run a thrusting go get it money making machine then I wish them the best of luck. Cabair for example have done it successfully but there isn't room for many more without philanthropy. Many current UK regulations reflect the financial reality of flying clubs as it has always been. The exemption from operating on an AOC being one example. The introduction of the NPPL being another. We all agree that SEPL PPL training is declining but you should recognise that Microlite flying is booming here and abroad. Not surprising really. If you want to make loads of dosh then perhaps you should change to Microlites. Won't give you the hours toward the right hand seat of course.