PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 21:00
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homeguard ( I won't descend to abusing your username, though I can think of a few variations)
I would say you seem to be in the minority here, even amongst other club owners. You are obviously looking at it from an owners/business angle. I am looking at it as someone that has paid out to fly and worked my way up to flying for an airline the hard way and I think it is unfair on those who are stuck in instructing that they get paid a pittance by such as yourself. Yes I know it is hard running a flying school, but so are many other industries and I can think of few where someone with such an expensive qualification works for so little. To then say that people should do it for free whilst you rake in the benefits seems a little mean. There are no "Instructor gangmasters", if there were then fees paid might be a little higher, but I do think instructors should stick together as much as possible to ensure what little they have is not further eroded.
I also think your "parable" shows how you think - Owners rolling in it while the instructors should be gratefull for what little is tossed their way.
n.b. glad to see there are some who run schools that do not seem to think like this.