PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 16:03
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting your money where your mouth is?

Say again slowly.
I am a Flying Instructor/Examiner including R/t with 20 years experience. I gave up my old career and bought my flying Club/School 14 years ago. We operate four aeroplanes and fly approximately 1500 hours a year. We have 5 part time Instructors some of whom are paid and one or two that are not but wish to contribute to the well being of the club. Many others do various things for us to keep the club afloat. Over the years we have been able to help many aspiring pilots onroute to their flying careers and give others a lot of pleasure and a sense of achievement.
It is true of course that many stay withing the club environment as full time Instructors and need to earn a living. Quite right that they should receive a living wage but sadly it is not always possible. The wage earners do not have a monopoly on the industry however and many of us that do work for a pittance should be given respect and appreciated and so should mustflywillfly whatever choices he makes. Others should not try to bully him into their own agenda.