PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground employment (Operations or Dispatch) - leading to a flying job?
Old 12th Oct 2006, 09:29
SuperDuperFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground employment - leading to a flying job?

...So obviously recruitment in ops starts in 2007, and it seems it would be hard to get a look in before that (although I havent YET tried).
My situation is that, I'm looking to work airside, love early mornings, love the cold, love being within close proximity to any a/c. I have 3 languages, and a Bsc. I'll have a PPL, IMC, NR, Multi by Jan (yes I am being cheap= USA)... and NO former aviation employment!
I want to work as much as possible to learn new things and get my size 10's in the door (ATPL wanabee). Looking to work for >10 months.
......here is the Q:
In this case, what is a better option, apply to those airlines that hire from within/allow ladder climbing [eg BMI]... or stick to places like Servisair whos requirments are less stringent?
I dont care about pay as its only approx. 1 year, I just want to learn and meet. I'm not a fan of CV bashing and want to focus on 2 or 3 companies.
PS: who ELSE, apart from BMI have been known to hire from within to FO positions?....sorry for being LONG!