PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 01:41
jetrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subang atc.

hi there velloo,

hi there,

sorry for the long silence, has been quite a while. have basically been away, am now with the "big bird" at the roundabout down the street,.... ...
noticed that the bigger "one too many engine" bird in szb is kinda given quite low priority when it comes to traffic management in szb.

would you please impress on the guys in szb tower that this bird burns quite a bit of fuel more than the light aircrafts and the turboprops that also operate there.....maybe you could suggest that they ask the other traffic if they would mind swapping sequence with the md11 as the operations are extremely time sensitive....and....not to mention have slots to make for the ever busy routes....etc.

i know if i were flying the smaller ones, i'd not have any issue with letting the "heavies" expedite their arrivals and departures,.....especially since they are scheduled operators....and the fact that they burn only less than the jumbo....

hope you'd put in a kind request to the szb twr guys......ill remember to drop by and say hi too..... .