PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing for Free???
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2006, 00:07
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free flying

Those of you so passionate that ALL Instructors should ALWAYS be paid go now and find your old instructors who taught you for a pitance or for free - then pay them please what you hadn't done before. Then if you have any money left start your own school and make the fortune you claim is waiting for you.
Many of us hold the licences and ratings that we have thanks to the fellow club members who taught us many years ago for either a pitance or for free. We became friends more often than not. One such person who taught me for a pitance has remained a friend for 30 years and was best man at my remarriage 6 years ago. He is a current Captain for a major british airline and is partly so because of my and others patronage (mainly of course owing to his own hard work). It's a two way shake.
Britain is already one of the highest payers of instructors in the world. Evidence by many from all over the world who contribute to prune.
Go and get the rich and stuff the poor is not only niave but offensive to so many that have struggled through our flying clubs and have given back so much so that you could afford to be where you are today.
goflywillfly I wish you all the best! Don't be put off by wingers. The rich are not here in great enough numbers as is witnessed by the enormous decline in licence applications each year and the sorry state of our clubs today. By getting your Instructor Rating you will be instrumental in making it possible for so many others to fly and love it just like you do, rich or poor.