PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortages, News Events, And What Are The Effects On Airline Jobs?
Old 10th Oct 2006, 23:52
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucifer,
Unfortunately, will be spot on whenthe MPL comes on-line, it will be a big massive change. It's heavily geared towards the national carriers and LCC's. Forget, the rest of the industry. "I mean who pays the bills round here?" - willie walsh et al...

So I predict a lot of the smaller commercial schools going bust and everybody else who can't afford the MPL route through Oxford (they have heavily invested for this - the only school to do so - funny that? ), will go abroad to train (no VAT) .
However, this could have weird affect of producing a further short fall for "real" pilots. The MPL (OAT) pilots will go to BA, etc.. and the "real" pilots will be taken by the small air taxis, regionals, private, fractional ownership operators. Which is great news, as every expert predicting a boom in private jet op's, due to security etc.. (see this weeks Flight).

May I have a Rant? Thanks.
The MPL is a conspiracy by the big operators to de-skill the pilot profession (like any other), therefore, reducing salaries and thus costs. It is an industry with shrinking yields and the only flexibility left is to reduce the "future" pilots wages. this will stop the shrinking and you will still be able to fly around Europe for £25 (Need to get Daily Express passwords, though).

What is BALPA doing? Are they that short sighted and really that busy producing flash videos regarding BA pensions that they cannot see their future membership being robbed of a reasonable income?
But then again "I'm all right jack" mentally of the baby boomers is predictable.

OPEN YOUR EYES!!

O