PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ahead of the game: Ryanair pilots want same wages as Aer Lingus
Old 10th Oct 2006, 19:00
bonernow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to agree with richarjm.

I past my Ryanair sim check in May, was on the induction course at the end of May and 737 type rating started 2nd week in June. 6 days after the type rating was complete, I was base checked. 5 days after I was base checked, line training started.

There were 16 guys on my type rating course, all of whom have experienced the same speedy transition from type training to line training.

In getting people through they're training and on line, Ryanair do seem to have ironed out any problems they were having in the past. That would certainly appear to be true for the majority of new starters with the company recently.

Having seen the proposals that are going to go before the Labour Commission, I have to say I am in complete agreement with them. Ryanair trainees are paid a miserly salary (equivalent to 12k euros per annum) until the completion of line training. At the completion of line training, they then get a contract (slightly improved SO's salary) and half sector pay for six months from the date of your line check.

The proposals being put forward (If agreed/case won in court) are to be back dated since before I joined FR meaning there's a cash windfall in the pipeline!!

Joining Ryanair and ending up with Aer Lingus T & C's is something I never expected and to be completely honest can't see happening. I am however praying.......................