PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INDONESIA Flying
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 23:59
Thunder Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK-KAR thanks again for being really helpful,

I just read a news saying that our Minister of Transport stated that our national carriers need 130 pilots a year due to growing airlines. But so far, I haven't met any Indonesian student pilots, I have been a single fighter in my school and even in my Uni doing the Aviation course. So how could this demand met?

My further question is, how does the bars/rank of the pilot work out? How is it related to the flying hours/experience?

Hm, it seems that it's more worth it if I finish my CPL in Australia and then get my ME+IR in Indonesia, that way I could probably save up some costs. Do you know what school provides such training, how long does it take to get ME+IR in Indo and how much it costs?

I'm just trying to make a comparison because ME+IR in Oz would cost about AUD 10,000ish in 4 weeks.

I just couldn't believe it that pilots in Indo get such low pay. Even with my part time job I earn more than them....but in terms of building hours and getting my ATPL, that's not too bad. So I count it as a long term investment.

T-Bird