PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 21:43
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure that BAA own Millie's Farm but haven't done anything with it.There is a plan for a circular type of thing with nose in stands,but not for a while.I think that should be looked at rather quickly.
I think that the Damon Hill stand 0 should have been built 2 years ago.
As for land south of the flying club.That would be tricky as the 34 glide path and protected area is there.Access would be difficult.
There was rumblings that BAA wanted to take away 23,and use it for parking.With the starter strip requiring backtracks,and also vortex wake problems,then the gaps will have to be enormous.Thats because there are no high speed turnoffs on 16 either.Losing 23 would be a disaster for the movement rates,but then the BAA won't have to sort out that mess either.
I have had to hold Air France on the apron for nearly 30 mins,and try and find a place as to not completey jam the airport.''Pierre'' doesn't understand that there are empty stands,but he can't park there as they are domestic.With the growing number of flights(another 5% purely in the winter schedules) on top of the double digit growth figures,then this problem needs an urgent fix.Not 2007 or when the new bypass gets built.NOW