PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Qantas jobs to go Overseas
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2006, 01:09
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A leaked media report today October the 9th 2020 reveals QF is about to make it’s last Australian employee redundant.
Apparently Mrs. Beryl Johnson a tea lady in the QF boardroom will be made redundant after she has returned from forced Long Service Leave.Mrs Johnson who has worked for QF for 25 years initially joined the company as a second officer.

Board member and financial officer Mr. I.am.Greedy said it was the culmination of the company’s Sustainable future and Australian employee minimisation program. It is essential he said that if the “Spirit of Australia” is to survive then it cannot and will not employ Australians. “Australian employees actually believe that they are entitled to earn a living,” he said outside the local Porsche dealership where he was picking up his latest company car.

We cannot be held responsible for their cost of living and if I am going to be able to send my children overseas to boarding schools then this is how it has to be. Mrs. Johnson was dogmatic with the board in negotiating her last AWA Mr. Greedy said.” She actually believed she was entitled to a lunch break and wanted the weekends off, how absurd”

Mr. Greedy also said that since the board was relocating to Monaco it has no further need of a tea lady in Sydney. He also said that reports that the board was self centered because of it’s generous bonus payments this year were false.

“Do you realise the cost involved not to mention the stress of moving to Monaco, my third wife does not know where to start and we have had to hire a removal’s consultant and the cost of transporting my Porsche is huge. Then there is the cost of renting an apartment suitable for our needs but luckily we are going to be subsidized by the company

The share price rose 2c to 58c