PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortages, News Events, And What Are The Effects On Airline Jobs?
Old 8th Oct 2006, 23:53
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting debate - especially regarding the glut of "low hour" fATPL's that are on the market and not getting any bites. Ironicly, it seems like a fine line between what is deemed as "experienced" (ITFC1 quotes a good example) and what is not. Obviously 250hrs is not, but where does one draw the line?

I know of a friend of a friend who came over from Canada (where I am currently flying) with some 2000hrs+ consisting of Metro turbine time and Navajo twin time and he also found that many airlines were considering him too experienced for RHS FO positions. Its all a matter of perception I suppose, because that time here is certainly not in the "experienced" category (Try 3000+ hours)

I myself read this thread with great interest - currently sitting at around 1100 hours, a fair chunk on light twins (Navajo Chieftain) and am considering rolling the dice and coming back to the UK to convert my Canadian commercial licences. That said, I wouldn't be up and flying until early 2008 so who knows? I certainly don't want to have to start doing my own TR's (something that has been happening here for a bit, and is definitely not a good thing) when the conversion on its own is going to cost me £10K ++