PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INDONESIA Flying
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 14:36
mounster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunder Bird,

It's not like that. Current Indonesian CPL (after being converted from CASA CPL) with IR (CIR) + ME is the minimum requirement if you want to apply as FO in many airlines / operator in Indonesia. However, if you have valid Indonesian ATPL and current A320 or B737E ratings, are plus point.

But obtaining Indonesian ATPL, is a bit tricky. Ground school and exams I bet you'll face no problems. But if you want the ATP licenced, you have to sit for a flight checkride on a plane that weighed more than 5700kgs and the cost is quite ridiculous.

If you really want to fly with Indonesian operator, I suggest to convert your CASA CPL to Indonesian CPL complete with IR+ME, get an employment in Indonesian carrier, gain flight hours, undergo a ground course by your own account for ATPL after you collect more than 1500hrs, then ask / bargain the company to endorse your ATP licenced.

Indonesian ATPL is recognized by the International operator and of course ICAO, so when you hold it (must be with 2000hrs ++), you will have more option whether you want to seek a left seat opportunity in Indonesia or become a wide bodied First Officer in a well-established International carrier.

Hope this will help a bit.