PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 13:24
richkidpoorkid

Devil You can't win against PAL

[quote=Cessna1052;2895847]This are simple tips to plan your Proper exit from your present employer:

"7. My advise, don't runaway from your Contract. Its onerous, but its still binding and with LT at the other end, theres no way in this lifetime that you'll ever win a case against him.(God will have his time at the end; to LT and the rest of his Gang)
8. Serve the notice period and pay the remaining contract(Cash or PDC;in the first place they indeed spent money for you;try imagining if you were on their shoe), you had enough problems sorting your way out and you definitely have no need of another while enjoying a nice layover
somewhere.
Oh, i forgot that they are charging you with the replacement pilot; i haven't thought of a loophole on this one, but definitely theres no need to settle this one."

You are a PAL slave & you cannot win against the mighty co.

Recently I heard that PAL is sending out letters to pilots who have left saying that they should have given 6 months notice instead of the 30 days stated by law.

According to the lawyer one pilot hired, it is very odd that the training contract the pilot signed stated that he should give 120 days notice if he leaves before he finishes the contract.

It is implied that 30 days notice is required then after he finishes the contract.

Now that the pilot has finished his contract & has left PAL since, PAL is saying that the co. requires 180 days notice...bakit daw humaba pa? (why did it become longer?)

So how do you settle this issue?

I told you PAL is special: specially sick.

Again from the hit song Hotel California: "you can check out anytime of the night, but you can never leave..." Now according to a televangelist here in LA, "don't you hear the devil talking there?"