PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots to agree to pay freeze?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 10:02
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxeemum
There will be no shortage of kids wanting to punt a light twin around for $100k. Better get used to it, lower $$$$$ remuneration contracts are the way of the future for airlines employees as the companies attempt to exist and survive under rising fuel and aviation costs.
I hate to point out the fairly fundamental flaw in your argument which involves a distinct lack of "kids" actually becoming qualified to punt around the said "light twin" these days. Shortages are already biting in several areas and there is no prospect whatsoever of these becoming anything but worse while the cost of qualifications/training from ab-initio remains so exhorbitantly high and wages are going downwards. What sort of schoolboy idiot dreams of getting into a career like that?

And yeah, let me just look at my notes here of the last few years of QF profit margins.......hmmmm.......geez......they're only just surviving aren't they? Gosh, tetering on the brink of bankruptcy!

Damn, you just beat me to it Sonny! Well, maybe he will be more aware of his logical fallacy if it's pointed out twice!