PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arab born pilots having trouble getting US Visas
Old 8th Oct 2006, 05:35
Flying Daggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haughtney1, listen mate u don't have to tell me anything. I do fly in the F class occasionally and saw it myself. Don't forget, QR is ME carrier and vast majority are Muslim pilots. I see and hear the things on daily basis opposite to ya. U wanna bring it to the point there u go: Yes, any Arab born pilot will undergo a heavy security check before issued a visa if at all especially if flying in as a pilot. I hope I don't have to tell u how sensitive that issue is. I assume you heard of the Egypt air crash in 99? Luckily they crashed into the see. One of the versions was the guy committed suicide. Have u ever heard of an Western airline pilot deliberately crashing a plane because the guy wanted to die? Its not US who wants them to come, its them who want to fly there and its up the US authorities to decide whether or not to issue the visa. Its not any one's right to get the visa but its prerogative of the authorities to decline it without any explanation. Mind you that usually an airline isn't only flying to US. I don't think there'll be any problem to schedule Muslim pilots to fly to ME or any other Muslim country at least not from a immigration's point of view. Whether u like it or not its a matter of national security and US takes it very seriously and I can guarantee u the yanks do have experts in that regard. They will screen the candidate's past until the very moment he/she was born and that takes time and if any doubts the answer will be NO.