PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots to agree to pay freeze?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2006, 00:51
Kransky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,

Always good to read your posts, you gave me the answer I needed. Basically QF are telling QF link people that the pay freeze is something they want. But it isn't even in a document to be voted on.

Cheers, that is good to know.

Pete Conrad,

Mate try not to read what I am saying as dumping on QF SH. When it comes to "us and them" try to remember that the "us" should be all pilots and the "them" should be the management.

What would be good is for some of the JQ pilots to stop thinking "stuff them, they told us to stuff off back when we approached them." Not helpful.

Equally not helpful is the way some, not all, QF pilots have sledged JQ pilots. Even if you guys are right, and JPC and JQ have stuffed it up for the industry all on their own (which I doubt), your mates continue to lay the blame at their feet.

Time for laying blame is over. It is in YOUR interest to get over it, whatever you think it is, and get the hell on with engaging with everybody. AIPA, JPC, AFAP, TWU, NZALPA.

Instead we have AIPA effectively taking JPC to court over the international flying issue. QF might be the respondent, but the guts of it is QF pilots going to court to stop JQ pilots flying "their" routes.

That is just plain not going to work out good for pilots in the long run.

JQ are here, engage not sue. Also flying jets in this country are Virgin, NJS, Alliance, Skywest, OzJet. Now you can think what you like about those operations, but they fly 80-180 seat narrowbody jets.

Ok, so you guys are better than us. Fine. But on paper we have a few thousand hrs jet. In EFIS/FMS/Glass/automated, whatever you prefer to call it. We have ATPL, class 1 medical, CAR 217 in sims. Like you.

So watch out. We CAN do your job. I like it where I am right now. Who the hell wants to live in Sydney, terrible place IMHO.

Keep me out of your way. Tell us what is going on, what you are really being threatened with, and we will know more when QF comes to scare us and try and put the screws on us.

"Keep your allies close, and your enemies closer!" Sun Tzu, Art of War.

Last edited by Kransky; 8th Oct 2006 at 01:08.