PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 Issues
Thread: A380 Issues
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2006, 14:38
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus main problem here seems to be that it was overambitious i what it promised to Airlines. It then had to redesign the airframe and compnents numerous times. The problem with the A380 was not that it was too large, but that it offered too much inniovation and options to airlines.

I think airbus got stung by the advanced technology and rushed development programme. Even by Airbus standards the programme was ambitious and lacked redundancy. Things went wrong, there was not enough time to fix them so deliveries got pushed back. Its not that the A380 is a bad aircraft, its that the A380 team are bad palnners. They just didnt see that because it works in the lab, doesnt mean it will work on teh ramp. Unlucky boys.

Boeing, I note, is carefull not to throw rocks...the 787 could just as easily have these problems....Im not saying it will, but it could. If I remember the 747-400 had a lot of preductin problems, and delays. Some also had to have extra strengthning put in on the SUD floor, if Im correct. It can happen.

Airbus should have promised less(or been "more sincere" as one CEO put it(Singapore, I think).