PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LMF
Thread: LMF
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 17:09
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had an individual on LXX Sqn at the start of GW1 who put his hand up and said not for me ta. Airmen Aircrew, he was simply discharged under LMF and was off the Sqn the same day. He was recently in the national news for saving the lives of some children in a house fire.

There were a number of reinforcee FC's who were recalled from the bunker at startex GW2 who arrived on the Sqn and did exactly the same. They were sent back to the bunkers and one has since been promoted!

Strange game this life eh?

The RAF has recognised and treated PTSD for number of years and did have, when I served, excellent facilities at BZN. Whilst the Medics have a very good "cure" rate an individual who has suffered from PTSD never quite goes back to the way they were before. Yes the physical and mental symptoms appear to go away, but the experience that brought it on remains in the forefront. I always used to say, in my young immature days that PTSD was curtain syndrome, all they had to do was pull themselves together. I know differently now.
Can't speak for the other Services.

Last edited by The Gorilla; 4th Oct 2006 at 17:38.