PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Mobile Phones Be Banned From The Cabin?
Old 1st Sep 1999, 22:34
BA_Purser

Cool Should Mobile Phones Be Banned From The Cabin?

If any of you have been reading the news recently then you will have seen the matter concerning the passenger and his incessant disregard for the rules of the airline regarding the use of mobile phones onboard. Even after the pilot came back and ordered him to switch it off he argued the t*** and refused. Well thanks God for the just desserts he received. I may not be a techie and I may not know that mobiles are as dangerous as they say they are but as long as they are part of the safety rules then by gum i will enforce those said rulings. This is where the new argument comes in and it appears some agree so much that moves are being made for mobiles to be banned from the cabin altogether to stop peopel being tempted from using them in-flight. Well about time I say ..... for those businessman out there I have to ask "Do you REALLY have to that thing surgically connected to your ear?" "will the world REALLY crumble if you are out of reach for a few more minutes?" Come on let's start thinking about more than ourselves!! Just a side note to some of the crew out ...... Beware the passenger that seems to be talking to himself!!! He may be mad yes but it more likely that he is trying to hide the fact that he is using a mobile by using one of those hands-free kits. Eagle eyes are required!!!
On that happy note I wish you all safest of flights and I wish you all the biggest allowances possible!!!