PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 09:19
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rmac
F3G I would write to Willie Walsh, but I don't believe that the letter would make it through the "screening process", and frankly I don't believe that it would make any difference.

I'm not that bothered about compensation, I want to know if BA have any respect for their customers (or their own staff at check in for that matter). Still waiting for confirmation that they do
Back in the Ayling days, when I carried a gold card I had strong reason to whinge, I wrote a letter to Ayling (explaining that I didn't expect him to deal with it personally but as I'd got nowhere going up the chain, I thought I should start going down it instead). I also tried to be a bit constructive in my letter.

Within days, I got a signed note from his PA (now left) asking me to call her to discuss. I know it was from the CEO's office as when I went to call, I didn't have the letter on me, just called the corporate general number and asked for the CEO's office and was put through to the lady who wrote the letter.

In the Eddington days (still gold EC), I had an instance of brilliant/above-and-beyond service and in the interests of balance, wanted Rod to know about it. This time, a personal thank-you note signed by the Rhodes Scholar himself.

Another time, when I'd missed a connection due solely to bad info given to me by BA, I incurred a £40 taxi fare - which they reimbursed me for after a whinge to Customer Services.

So they do get through (at least they did) and I'd suggest being a note from a First passenger or gold(/black) EC member probably helps it get into the boss's in-tray.

I should point out that I became a gold EC cardholder because I chose to continue to give BA my custom; the product was solid and consistent across nearly all the routes I flew.

Give it a shot; nought to lose but the first-class stamp.

Last edited by Taildragger67; 9th Oct 2006 at 08:14.