PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2006, 07:54
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation BA - Common Issues

The moderators will forgive me for opening a new thread, but I cannot stand the fact that BA love us to feel like two (or more) companies! While I agree that someone starting with LGW SF needs more LGW specific info- and the same for LHR- there are some issues that are common to all of us. Whether they like it or not we are ONE company despite we all know the difference in contracts that "divide" us at present.

One issue which affects anybody from any department and indeed base is EG300.

This is the latest email I have received which I can openly say made me so angry and so upset I have even thought of leaving. Now it might only be the hormones doing the talking (god knows how hard I worked to get to where I am now) but I am so angry that I hope something major happens now or it will spoil my career. THEY simply CANNOT DO IT!!!How can they change the agreement so easily without consulting us first???By calling it "refinements"???

REFINEMENTS TO WORLDWIDE ABSENCE REVIEW INTERVIEWS (ARIs) – STAGES 1 & 2

"As you are all aware, absence is currently at unprecedented levels – especially on Worldwide. Additionally, keeping on top of Absence Review Interviews (ARIs) has been difficult. Consequently, we have reviewed the application of the EG300 process in IFS with a view to making it easier and quicker for all concerned. As a result, from 1 October we are refining the way we schedule ARIs.

Why change things?
Previously, if you reached an attendance trigger you would be sent a letter from the Attendance Team scheduling an ARI for a date in the future, sometimes as much as six months ahead. In addition, and on more occasions than we would all like, ARIs have had to be rescheduled or cancelled resulting in an increasing backlog. The refined method aims to deal with this issue.

What is an ARI?
It is a meeting conducted by a member of the Inflight Service Attendance Team.

During this meeting your level of absence will be discussed and we will offer you any additional support or a referral to BAHS if appropriate. We may agree an improvement plan with some attendance targets to meet over the coming months.

As an ARI is slightly more formal than a return to work discussion, you can bring a colleague with you if you wish. This is not essential however and the meeting can, and often does, take place with just you and a member of the attendance team.

How is an ARI triggered?
If you have had two or more occasions of absence in a rolling three month period or you have been absent for more than 4.5% of available working hours in a rolling 12 month period or you have been absent for more than 21 consecutive days, you will trigger an ARI.

What's changing?
If you trigger an ARI after 1 October your ARI will need to have been completed before you are able to fly again. If you can't attend the first, or a rescheduled ARI, within 5 days your ARI may be held in your absence.

After you have called the OST to confirm that you are now fit to fly, the Attendance Team will identify if you have reached a trigger in the EG300 process and call you with an interview time for the next day, if applicable.

If you do not attend this ARI another one will be booked for you within the 12-hour availability window. If you miss this second appointment, the ARI will be held in your absence. Once your ARI has taken place, you will be returned to 12h/24h until your flexi trip.

How will I find out when my ARI is?
A member of the Attendance Team will call you to let you know the time and place of your ARI.

What if I can't attend the first ARI appointment?
A second appointment will be made for you within the 12 hour availability window. If this too is missed, your ARI will be held without you.

Will I be disadvantaged if I can't get a colleague to join me?
No. The discussion is between you and a member of the Attendance Team and the outcome of the ARI will be based on that discussion

How will this help us tackle absence when I'm stopped from flying once fit?
Being able to hold the ARI as soon as possible after you have gone fit will help us identify any support you require to manage your absence more quickly."

I apologise for venting this out, people who know me well know how much I love(d) this company, but being a victim of crappy EG300 sub-laws myself I am absolutely beside myself