Thread: LMF
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 21:13
insty66

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angel Get it right!

Monty.
I guarantee I can!
As I understand it to be a subject close to your heart I shall expand.
Cowardice, LMF or FoCOC as it is apparently known is a highly emotive subject. You only have to look at the campaign to have WW1 soldiers names cleared to gain an understanding of what stigma is attached to these labels.
I have served in the RAF for 23 years and have been lucky enough never to have faced direct fire. I like to think that if I had or if I do I could respond in the correct manner and not let down my men/Sqn etc etc. BUT I don't KNOW that I would and can't know until tested in that way. This is true I believe for the vast majority of human beings.
Those that have been under attack have my utmost respect, as not only have they proven that they can "do it," they know what is coming next time and still go and "do it."
It is not at all suprising to me that there are people who find that they can't "do it" even less so that there are people who can't "do it" again. We are all after all only human (pilots included )
So you tootle off and worry about my sense of humour and and let me know when the next F1 race is there's a good chap!
Young men and women are dying to guarantee (bet you couldn't spell that) you're right to spout of.
I think you'll find that it's your right to spout off.

Last edited by insty66; 3rd Oct 2006 at 21:17. Reason: Forgot to mention your error