PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muslim accosts injured Para in hospital
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 18:56
Footless Halls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all service people,
I'm an ordinary middle aged English bloke. I'm a private pilot which why I'm reading pprune. I know this is the Military bit and I appreciate you let me read it. I resist the temptation to post where possible because it's not my patch. I'm a civvy with no connection to the forces other than having friends and relatives who serve or have served. But on this thread I do have a connection because I know that it's only you guys and gals who stand between my family and me and some very nasty people.
I travel to the States quite a lot on business and have some good friends who are Americans. I know how they value their service people, and us. Virtually every American I meet - just two weeks ago an American couple on vacation in Dublin who I fell into conversation with in a bar - go out of their way to thank the British for their support for the US.
I was UTTERLY APPALLED to read this story. The attitude of a huge number of British, white and 'Christian' as well as non-white and 'Moslem', towards the very brave people of our armed forces is horrifying.
Had I been at that hospital and seen or heard that, I would have given that 'Moslem' individual a taliking to such as he has never had before. Presumably he is a subject of Her Majesty the Queen? I would have stood in that ward with those brave wounded men to protect them from scum like that UNTIL THE END OF TIME if necessary. There are not many people in this country who would abuse wounded servicemen, but the horrifying thing is that there are many people who sit on the fence and would not have the moral fibre to stand up for the wounded men and to execrate the person who abused them.
Of course the wars that you are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan have been mishandled by our politicians, both in the UK and the US, and that has tainted the honour of our country in prosecuting them. (It's wrecked the honour of the politicians, but that doesn't matter.) But it does NOT taint the honour of our servicemen and women. We should all stand behind you and support you where we can.
Sorry, this is a bit of a rant, but I just wanted anyone who is or might be in this situation to know that there is at least one English civvy who values your sacrifice and would support you all as much as I can. I'm sure there are more but somehow our voice doesn't get heard enough.