PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 15:04
airvanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crackling jet
i see planeman is back on the now closed new york thread, it appears that delta are now going to operate the CWL-EWR route next summer !!!!, is this from another reliable inside source,what happened to the previous adament reliable insider who last informed him that CO going to pull out of BRS and move to CWL ? or is it the same one !!!!!
New York my A***!
CWL can’t support basic bread and butter routes to business destinations in Europe. What no Brussels? Shed loads on the SNB at BRS.
What is going on at CWL? XL, Eastern, Air Southwest are all doing a runner! How many other regional airports have news like CWL have airlines starting and dropping? Is it just that CWL will never be a BRS or BHX?
BRS are struggling to cope with the demand. Ok, Flybe are pulling the plug and look like they are centralising in the Southwest at EXT. Competition is a lot more heavier at BRS. No way on this planet will BEE base at CWL. Umm..? But then again, I loved the way they put up a bloody great sail thing on a roundabout at BRS. Spent loads on it with: ‘the southwest’s best low cost carrier blah, blah (or something dull). Then about a week later it was all removed!

How about CWL develops its advantages it has over BRS? Maintenance, freight, and more long-hauls? It will never now match BRS for general pax figs. It missed its chance years ago.

Last edited by airvanman; 3rd Oct 2006 at 18:08. Reason: The font was wrong