PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax!!!!!
Thread: Pax!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 1999, 22:48
BA_Purser

Cool

My oh my aren't we all a very violent lot! lol I seem to hear this argument over and over again. Let me lend some professional experience. At the end of the day it is simply a matter of working together with the ground staff. I simply inform the Dispatcher BEFORE boarding commences that he/she WILL ensure that the baggage is of a reasonable size and weight while they are coming through the last check point and if this doesnt happen I will personally remove unacceptable baggage from the passengers and then have him organise the bags being placed in the hold and any delays encountered WILL be put against him/her. It works every time without fail because the one thing a dispatcher cannot afford is a delay especially when it is put down to him/her. Regarding the passengers and some of their arrogance and rudeness ..... well I find the best medicine for rudeness is heaps of kindness. Why? Well there are two reasons really 1)The passenger may have a genuine reason for being p***ed off and may just need a moment to vent his anger and the problem may even be soemthing you can fix!! 2)If the passenger rants and raves then you just be nice and speak calmly (yes I know what you are thinking ... this is soem psycho babble BS) but it is true that it takes two to argue and if you remain calm and collected things will pan out. There are however those idiots (trust me I DO have better descriptions for them) but they are few and far between and you shouldn't let them spoil your day. After all they are the ones who have to live with themselves every day not you so don't get to bogged down by them. On that happy note I wish you all the best and hope that you all have many safe trips and earn loads of allowances!!