PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Qantas jobs to go Overseas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 06:55
L1A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technical Publication for Qantas Engineering staff

Hi all

Just a quick note coming from an IT engineering job at an Australian airline (resigned two years ago)

Technical Publications for Aircraft Engineers naturally come from Boeing Airbus etc. The publications are updated when required usually on a fortnightly basis on all types of Aircraft parts, not all of the technical publications are updated only when an update is required such as a new wing part etc.

The stringent policy CASA has place on Technical Publication are quite amazing. If a new publication is listed it must be updated ASAP in a certain time frame. The old CD or DVD must be destroyed (and stored) and new CD must be placed in a secure filing cabinet and recorded when it was installed, by whom, what was updated etc
(Much more to it, but you get the drift)

I hope that Qantas managers has really thought this one out as Technical Publication are the bible to Aircraft engineers and must be kept up-to-date. Who will be overseeing that publications are updated in India, CASA (I don’t think so).

I feel that if a third party Indian company or whoever understands the importance and implications to if Technical Publications are not up-to-date.

You come to your own conclusion.