PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muslim accosts injured Para in hospital
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 22:40
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
US Military Pay....for comparison.

The extra pay entitlement can be found on other pages at this site.

Perhaps the Retired Military folks, members of Veteran groups should stand up and form volunteer groups to assist the wounded and their families. That is a very strong part of the support network we provide our servicemen and women.

Para's have a strong bond as do the Marines....our Muslim friend might be a bit less likely to repeat his rude act if the proper baby sitter was standing by that Para's bedside.

The US Marine Corps has a Liasion Team that provides full support to the wounded and their families at Bethesda Naval Hospital. They book airline flights, meet the families at the airport, see them to the booked hotel, carry the baggage to the assigned rooms, transport them to the hospital, and just plain go the extra mile to help out. These guys are primarily Reservists with some Active Duty staff.

All it takes guys is for someone to give a ****....and DO Something! Perhaps one less pint in the mess each night and a donation to a group that is doing something for the wounded and their families is in order. Do you have a group setup at your base/station dedicated to looking after returned casualties in your area? If not.....why not? Get the Wive's Club off the Gin and out helping other Military wives whose husbands are away....go around and fix a leaky tap yourself....remind them they are not forgotten.

If these guys were laying in the dirt wounded....you wouldn't walk on by without lending a hand would you....what is different now. They need you every bit as much now as during the gunfight, if not more, because they are alone now fighting a really tough fight.

I had some guys open milk cartons for me and give them to me when neither of my hands were up to it ....a small gesture but very much appreciated. If you get involved you will get far more out of it than what you put into it....I promise.

It could be your turn one day.