PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muslim accosts injured Para in hospital
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 20:16
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain Potter
A campaign to fight for the post-combat medical care that servicemen and women deserve would be one of the most worthy things that could be done by PPrune and ARRSE members.

Perhaps someone might like to raise the issue through the " Be the Editor" feature on the Victoria Derbyshire programme on Radio 5 Live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/morning.shtml

I think in the post-Loden email climate this would be best done by one of our former serving members.

Perhaps the editorial staff could be directed towards this forum and ARRSE. I see that they are talking about this story over there but I haven't read through it yet.

The care that our people are (not) receiving is the biggest scandal of the whole chapter.
The big scandal, as I posted on ARRSE, is that a knife wielding guy manages to partially climb the security fence in Downing Street, which is guarded by multiple Met Coppers, Armed Police, vehicle denial modifications, plus the internal security, and all hell breaks loose with inquiries and an increase in security, the guy is arrested, charged with affray, and will disappear into the special psychiatric wards reserved for those who dare to challenge Comrade Cherie and her lap dog.

A wounded Para, on a ward in a hospital situated in the largest Muslim concentration in the UK, gets verbally assaulted (and yes, a race hate crime was committed), and it makes precisely zero column inches on the BBC,and there is no outcry from Neu Liebour for an increase in security or a review.

Anybody else spot the difference?