PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help needed from ATC re: STARs
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 13:52
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
ST,
Are you suggesting ATC have some way of determining what has been inputted in to the FMC?
The ATC said that he got a "Route Conformance Warning" from, I assume, TAAATS. The A330 then admitted they had loaded the STAR prior to them being given it.

Feather,
I think you're being a little overdramatic. Even if you were still reading the paper at 100 track miles and were then given the STAR, it's not a big deal to load it in a few seconds. I would very much doubt short-haul pilots load STARs into the acitve plan prior to takeoff: that would be bad airmanship and courting trouble, if not forbidden by SOPs. That's what the secondary flight plan is for, but before takeoff? Not worth the effort.

EightBall,
Re STARs, we don't put them in the active plan until we are given them, but they are in the database and can be retrieved and inserted into the active plan with a few keystrokes.

Especially for a lighty pilot, I wouldn't be encouraging pre-loading STARs at all. Sure as eggs he'd get distracted and end up going somewhere he wasn't supposed to.

As has already been mentioned, plan via the routes in ERSA GEN FPR. You then can't go wrong.