PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muslim accosts injured Para in hospital
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 08:41
BellEndBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say this seems to be the product of a slow news day. Some Muslim bloke sounds off at a Para, so what. Are we really saying that our troops should either be kept in foreign hospitals or put in wards here that are exclusive and guarded by armed police? That is way more worrying than some gob****e sounding off.
Military hospitals should not have been closed but they have. The only other option is to use NHS hospitals and as to being put in a bed next to an old person or whatever, the last time I was in Wroughton I was on a mixed ward and the bloke next to me used to scream in his sleep.
I do believe however, that our seriously injured service personnel should be bumped to the top of the list for all treatment (I suspect they are already).

As for verbal abuse, well, if we are fighting for democracy and free speech overseas, best we practice it here. Personally, I think any Muslim with attitude would be well advised to keep away from an injured Para, a bit like kicking a rabid dog in the nuts.