PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 01:24
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rmac
paddy, maybe you have the answer, if there was an airframe change with a 13F instead of 14F. If that is true, perhaps if it had been explained, with a gesture of compensation attached, I would fully understand.

On your East Coast route overbooking, I would also think its not a huge deal, due to the alternative flights available within a few hours.

By the way, I am still waiting a response from BA on my original communication, even to acknowledge receipt

Well usually when its a change of aircraft from a 14f to a 13f it would be all done very last minute and Im sure the poor sod that does get singled out as the downgrade would understand why (hopefully because it was explained professionally by a ground colleague..ahem!). And your correct about the East Coast but I must admit I have yet to hear of First/Club being overbooked on one of my flights although I dont doubt it does happen.

As for contacting customer relations regarding your experience. Did you email the Exec Club or customer relations? Cabin Crew have a direct email link to the main customer relations department but anytime I have used it I have had to wait weeks for a response. Try the Exec Club or even giving them a call so that it will get actioned sooner. (Exec Club = 0870 850 4 850. Normal Customer Relations = 0870 850 9 850 or +44 191 490 7901) Let me know how you get on as Im rather curious myself!!!