PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on buying a B206 and leaseback schemes
Old 1st Oct 2006, 18:36
Kopterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camp Freddie
hey kopterman,
if you have a CPL and your low time, as soon as you have 250 hours get yourself an instructor rating.
1) you will find work when you have passed it
2) it is good experience
3) you will get paid £40 p.h approx
4)it is a low risk strategy
5)when you have 1000 hours or so people will take you seriously to do some VFR charter.
your plan with the 206 sounds like a cracking way to go broke fast to me.
if I were an AOC holder, there is no way I would let a 200 hour novice fly my passengers around (even if it was his aircraft, they are my passengers). I dont think you realise what a huge difference experience makes.
regards
CF

Thanks for your comments...Why does helicopter ownership/leaseback mean that I would neccessarily go broke? It must work for some people otherwise nobody would do it. In my very limited experience, it seems that lots of Companies/Schools operate through leaseback schemes rather than owning their own aircraft!

Why is it that after 250hrs (plus QFI) you are deemed experienced enough to take paying passengers and teach them how to fly but anything less than 1000hrs you are not experienced to take them from A to B? Surely teaching a student how to fly carries far more risk? A little inconsistant me thinks!!

KM