PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining RYANAIR allready type rated?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 12:59
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N1 and ITT allow me to clarify. When I refer to 'no safety net' I am talking about a financial safety net; the pilot, as an individual who has a life to run outside of the company & who has bills to pay is fine at Ryanair so long as he/she keeps flying. If you are off work for any length of time you will be well & truly up the creek. Likewise there is no uniform, you pay for your own airside ID & parking permit, no water or food is supplied by the company. You will 'achieve' 900 hours per annum & 100 hours every 28 days.

On the other hand, as I've said, they offer good training, a stable roster & the money in your pocket is good. If you perform well then you will get your command. But that's it, full stop. They offer you nothing more & at the end of a five day stint you will be fatigued.

Having worked for another low cost, really low class, operator I can tell you that Ryanair is a damn sight better than some others around. No argument, it really is, they have some top class people working there.

That's the way our short haul industry is, I'm afraid. We wrecked it for ourselves some time ago when MOL started to charge people for their ratings then pay them sweet FA for the first six months: the queue of Daddy's Little Rich Boys waiting to participate in this scam & fly a jet with 200 hours total time stretched around Dublin airport! We are now reaping the benefits.