PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining RYANAIR allready type rated?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 05:17
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking To Join or Not to Join...

Take all comments for what they're worth, Bacon Slicer: from both fellow ppruners & from the company. As a type rated, time on type FO at STN you can expect to take home between £3,600 & £4,100 a month. That's the news. More good news, depending on your hours, etc. is that it took 11 months for me to get a command - I already had over 2700 hours total & 1,200 hours on type when I joined the company.

If you do decide to join just tell them that you won't accept half sector pay for any period, they will try that one on with you, remember that they are desparate for crew right now, likewise with basing: get them to put it into writing, you'll have no chance of the base that you want if you don't.

The training is good, they have some top class instructors but the company doesn't give a flying **** about you, as is the case with other low cost, & low class carriers.

In summary: a stable roster, very good flying experience, quick command if suitable & good take home, no respect for you as an individual, pressure on you continually whilst working, & no safety net.

The facts from a STN based Captain, all the best.