PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on buying a B206 and leaseback schemes
Old 30th Sep 2006, 21:04
Kopterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on buying a B206 and leaseback schemes

After recently completing my ATPL(H) exams and taking into account the difficulty faced with finding employment, I am looking at buying a Jetranger for around the £200k mark. I would be very grateful to anyone who could offer any help or guidance on where to purchase, what type to go for, or avoid and things to look out for? (For example, I'm told that parts for the older Augusta Bells can be harder to find)!

Obviously, I would have a full inspection carried out beforehand showing time remaining on all components (and this is probably a requirement to get true valuation and secure any finance)!

Once I've secured the purchase I'm told that I can register the a/c on somebodys AOC under a leaseback scheme getting around £220-£260 per hour that it is used. I'm also hoping to finish my hr building (approx 40hrs) until I do my CPL(H) course and then hopefully do some paid work as the owner, under the AOC of a Company/School, if this is realistic?

Summary Plan
Buy own a/c to do hr building upto CPL
Register on AOC under leaseback & hopefullly cover costs
Gain employment after CPL on own a/c
Hopefully get 300 to 500 hrs annual usage on leaseback

All help and advice appreciated, including recommendations for websites, contacts, books or software etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Kopterman