PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2006, 15:17
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AvianceUKs post is how I almost remember it myself but memories can be fooled. I do remember so well how it was imperative for us to woo Baby when they visited as we knew BA were leaving, that of course doesn't tie in with the news articles but then news articles are not renowned for their accuracy.

Anyhow that is the past and the future is more important.

Thomson does seem to be working well from an outsiders point of view but then again the fares are reasonable, I'm not saying we Welsh are cheapskates but we are more of a low cost type airport and with Bristol only an hours drive away offering many more cheap flights then the only way we can compete is to offer the same. Time and time again people say I would have liked to have flown from Cardiff but I got a cheaper flight from Bristol, that to me shows how an upmarket service is not what is required from CWL, but a greater range of flights at low fares. Business is tight this way and nobody in the accounts department will be able to justify the huge fares to Brussels when a cheaper alternative is just a short drive from here.