PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kidney Stones, I think...
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2006, 08:22
Global Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fish
All tests showed no sign of anything at all. No stones, yet over the last two months I have been totally incapacitated twice, having to lie down and definately showing all the signs of a passing stone......but there is no evidence of stones to back up the symptoms.
Fish,
I am not a medic of any kind but passed a stone 10years ago and know the pain and upset you are feeling. My case differed in that the pain came on suddenly and I was rushed to hospital. Stone was passed naturally about 10hours later. With no reoccurance since I consume plenty of mineral water daily to keep kidney clear of infection etc .
Is it possible that the severe pain you experienced in last two months, causing incapitation was in fact the stones being pased by you naturally? This might explain why they dont show up on any x-ray/scan! They are nasty little buggers but can be passed naturally (pain equated to giving birth I am told). If it is stones you keep developing, looking at your diet is a way forward in preventing future occurance.
brgds,
GP.