PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON - 2
Thread: MANSTON - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 17:51
catflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't have to swap spit with each other to have a decent debate.

Here's how to analyze the situation. Infratil took over a year ago. Fitzgerald said that he wouldn't be surprised if it was as big as Prestwick within 5 years. A year on and how have they done? Are they on target ? What were their targets? The truth is that they didn't go public with any targets and so, you can't accuse them of failing. All you can do is look at the pathetic levels of current business and speculate about how rapid the growth is going to need to be in future years to bring them up to the size of Prestwick.

As the years go by with nothing happening we will all be able to see how unrealistic the original statements were. So it was with Wiggins and so it is with Infratil.

As for the line about wanting to get the infrastrucure in place before pursuing new business, I don't buy it. If they could get any new business they would. In any case, I can't see and new infrastructure being put in place. Same old terminal, same old runway, same old control tower.

No doubt some bright spark will pop up and tell me that great things are going to happen next year. To that I say, wake up and smell the coffee. People are booking their holidays now. If the new flights aren't being advertized they are missing the boat. Anyone who was seriously thinking of making money next year would, by now have their plans in place.