PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 10:51
Return to sender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I hear that CHC's new 92 at Aberdeen is spending most of its time in the hangar? Not sure if it is due to unreliability or CHC not holding spares on site and having to rely on AOG deliveries.
I think the problem in Aberdeen is more of a spares issue than unreliability, takes days for anything to arrive !
The UK Coastguard must be really looking forward to their new aircraft. Engine failures, no spares, unserviceable and with only 9 months to go until it arrives in Stornoway - still no SAR autopilot.

Not only that but the CHC/RAF approved plan of only 8 weeks SAR training on the new type (max of 50 hours per pilot) and the totally contridictory information from the CHC managers has caused many CG pilots to look elsewhere for employment. At least they can, for the aircrewmen it's put up and shut up.

Latest rumour is that the CHC transition team will be joining the SAR units at the end of the transition to make each unit overstaffed. I wonder how long before redunancies occur. I can't imagine any company living with 4 extra staff on each unit.