PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 Issues
Thread: A380 Issues
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 03:35
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhule there's also good news for EADS:

Lufthansa will accept a few A330s (5) for an interim solution while they await delivery of the big bus. The airline has also ordered 30 of the narrow body A320 series for a combined total at list prices of a little over 3 billion US for a vote of great confidence from Europe's No 2 airline.
Originally Posted by Taildragger67
What, so ordering more of a type you've already got lots of is a "vote of great confidence" ?! Rather misleading in terms of the 380 delay. All it shows is that they can continue to churn out a proven type (at the other end of the model range).

Yes, you've got me there, however I still think that there is a small 'by association' benefit.

Emirates are hardly likely to tin their order, given the investment they've already made on it (unless Seattle made it so attractive for them to do so with a 748 pitch... ???). Likewise any of the other large early-orderers. Too much money spent at this stage. Boeing couldn't buy them all back to the 747 fold. What will be interesting, is what the residual value profile looks like in a year or two.
I'm with you - Emirates (and Qatar and SIA and Qantas and LH and ...) have married the A380 - there can be no turning back - they are just going to have to wait for the honeymoon.