PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from BA First in Beijing
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 14:26
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The poor harassed one and only BA rep on duty for a full 777, offered to downgrade a club pax, and chuck off an economy passenger, as all club boarding passes had already been issued, I would like to have seen that conversation

The agent offered an acceptable alternative with LH via Munich which would get me home an hour earlier, and I was happy to accept, because;

a. I could have been that club passenger.
b. The poor girl was begging me to accept in order to avoid the forthcoming conflict, and I was happy to oblige and be home an hour earlier. LH is also a good product, so smiles all round.

They had already offloaded me because they gambled that I would accept a slightly more convenient flight.

Unfortunately during the heat of trying to sort out many problems, she misunderstood LH, and when I turned up to check in for the Munich flight two hours later it was actually full, as it was the Frankfurt flight which had space and had departed 30 mins earlier

Nothing else available 'cept my long BKK detour or another day in Beijing.

All of the above is beside the point, FIRST and CLUB pax on sectors which have one flight a day only, should not be in that position, whoever they are.